Mobile Apps, the time-savers of 2017
Today everything is about time, the more time efficient the better. Mobile applications, while they look aesthetically better also serve as a time-saver. They allow users to easily navigate through the platform and find what they are looking for. Apps allow information, organization, communication, entertainment and so much more to be at our fingertips. Mobile Apps are becoming a part of our daily lives whether it’s for business or pleasure.
As we close out 2017 and look towards the final holidays of the year, everyone is looking back on this year while looking forward into next. We’re going to reflect on the top apps of 2017 and the role they played in our daily lives.
Top 10 Apps of 2017
According to an Inc. article, the top 10 apps in 2017 are:
- WhatsApp – Is a communication app that allows users to communicate without a mobile network. All you need is a wifi connection and you’re good to go.
- Facebook – Is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world with 2.07 billion active users. With 1.37 billion users logging in via the Facebook app it’s no surprise it falls at number 2.
- Messenger – is Facebook’s version of iMessage. Messenger allows Facebook friends to easily communicate with each other.
- Instagram – Is the second most popular social media platform with 800 million active users. While Instagram has a desktop website, it is hardly used. Most Instagram uses the platform through the app.
- Snapchat – is a social media platform with 166 million users exclusively using their app.
- UC Browser – is an app designed to compete with Chrome. It offers faster download speeds, better pop up blockers, and uses less battery power. This app is exclusively mobile.
- Uber – is a ride-sharing app that allows users to request a car within minutes. It allows the user to quickly get a ride and securely pay for it. The mobile app is great for people on the go and lets face it, who’s ordering an Uber from a computer?
- YouTube – is a platform where users can view and upload videos.
- SHAREit – is an app that allows users to easily and quickly share documents, photos and more.
- Bitmoji – is a fun and entertaining app that allows users to create emojis of themselves and share them with friends.
One thing this list of apps reveals is that social media may be starting to rule the world. With Facebook owning the first three apps on the list, they are followed closely by their competitors Instagram and Snapchat. We have our time-saving apps UC Browser, Uber, and SHAREit. Finally, what would the world be like without the entertainment of YouTube and Bitmoji? How many of these apps do you have on your phone right now?
While mobile app design can be complex PepSol Connectivity offers an easy solution. Connect with us today to get a free consultation on how a mobile app can put your business at the fingertips of the world.